Ingredients Needed for Cod Fillet With Garlic Bread and Cherry Tomatoes
1 garlic head
2 teaspoons of olive oil
6 ounces of cherry tomato, halved
2 whole grain breads slices, quartered
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
14 ounces of cod fillet
5 fresh thyme sprigs
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of caper
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
How to Make Cod Fillet With Garlic Bread and Cherry Tomatoes
- Place a garlic bulb on an aluminum foil, sprinkle it with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, wrap it, place it in a baking dish, and bake for 60 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to a bowl, season with salt, and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Place the cut bread into a 10 x 5-inch baking dish, season with salt, sprinkle another teaspoon of olive oil, add the garlic, and roast for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the fillets and fresh thyme, and season with salt. Cook on each side for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the tomatoes from their bowl to a strainer so that their liquid drips into another bowl. Add the lime juice, white wine vinegar, capers, and vegetable oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix. Unwrap the aluminum foil and crush the garlic head to force out some of its fluid. Mix more.
- Add the garlic bread, cherry tomatoes, and some of the sauce. Garnish with parsley and basil.