Ingredients Needed for Coconut Raisin Bars
7 egg whites
1 ½ cups of sugar
3 ounces of raisins
1 ¼ cups of coconut flakes
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅔ cup flour
¾ cup milk
7 ounces of butter
How to Cook Coconut Raisin Bars
- Add the egg whites to a bowl and start whisking using a hand mixer. Add 1 cup of sugar in the process. Whisk until firm.
- Add the raisins, 1 cup of coconut flakes, the baking powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until even using a spatula. Add 1/3 cup of flour and mix more.
- Line an 11 x 7 x 2 inches (28 x 18 x 5 cm) baking dish with parchment paper. Transfer the mixture to it and evenly spread it. Bake for 25 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove from oven and pour 1/2 cup of milk over it. Let it soak for 2 – 3 minutes or so.
- Add the yolks and the remaining cup of sugar to a pot over low heat. Cook while continuously whisking. Add the remaining milk and flour in the process. Simmer for 10 minutes, then let it cool.
- Add the butter to a bowl. Mix until creamy using a hand mixer. Add the yolk mixture and mix more until even.
- Layer this mixture on top of the baked base. Sprinkle the remaining coconut flakes all over it, then refrigerate for 60 minutes.