Ingredients Needed for Coconut Curry Red Lentil Soup
2 garlic cloves
1 green chili
0.5 ounce ginger
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 ounces of red lentil
2 cups of vegetable stock
1 cup canned tomatoes
1 teaspoon curry paste
½ cup coconut milk
heavy cream (for serving)
roasted tortilla wrap (for serving)
How to Make Coconut Curry Red Lentil Soup
- First place the garlic, chili, ginger, carrot, and onion on a wooden board. Slice them.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the sliced veggies, red lentils, and pour the vegetable stock over them.
- Bring to a boil, and add the canned tomatoes, curry paste, and coconut milk.
- Stir and simmer everything for 40 minutes.
- When the lentils are cooked, pour the mixture into a blender and blend it until you make a smooth soup.
- Serve the soup topped with 1 tablespoon of heavy cream and some roasted tortilla wrap.