Ingredients Needed for Coconut Cupcakes
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup sugar
1 ½ cups of gluten free flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups of coconut milk
For the sugar glaze:
½ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup milk
1 cup shredded coconut, for topping
How to Cook Coconut Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- First, add the coconut oil and sugar in a large bowl.
Start mixing them for around 5 minutes, until light and creamy. Slowly add the eggs, one at a time.
Mix until fully combined.
- Keep your mixer on, and slowly add the flour and vanilla extract while continuously mixing. Keep your mixer on, and continue the process while slowly pouring the coconut milk. The dough should be enough for approximately 12 cupcakes.
- Place muffin wraps inside the empty muffin tins. Pour the mixture filling the muffin tray.
Slide the tray into the oven for the next 20 minutes.
- For the sugar glaze, whisk the powdered sugar and milk in a large bowl.
Spread 1 teaspoon of glaze over each cupcake.
- Top them with shredded coconut!