Cocoa Fudge Cookies
Mildly fudgy on the inside and slightly crunchy on the outside. This is how you can best describe the texture of these simple cookies. To make them fudgy add more fat and not too much flour. Want more fudginess? Supplement the cocoa powder with chocolate and, maybe, keep the baking powder out.
Ingredients Needed for Cocoa Fudge Cookies
3 ounces of butter
1 cup sugar
⅔ cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
How to Make Cocoa Fudge Cookies
- Add the butter and sugar to the dough mixer bowl and start mixing. Gradually add the eggs into the bowl, in the process.
- When the mixture is even, stop the mixer and strain the cocoa powder into the bowl, too. Start mixing again.
- Gradually add the flour in the process, then finish with the baking powder and some salt. Mix until even.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and start shaping it into 1.5-2-inch balls. As you shape the balls, gradually strain the powdered sugar over the chocolate mixture. We’ve got 12 of them, in the end, but your number may vary.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, place the balls on it and flatten them just a little. Strain them with more powdered sugar, then bake them for 20 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.