Cocoa Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
“It’s my party and I cry if I want it …” You don’t have to cry at any party with this simple and easy-to-make cake. Just use cocoa powder, yolks and whites, and two types of flour. Tie up the loose ends with a sweetened cream cheese frosting and cut into forms using the cake cutters you like.
Ingredients Needed for Cocoa Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 egg whites
¾ cup sugar
9 egg yolks
⅔ cup flour
1 tablespoon cornflour
½ cup cream cheese
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
How to Make Cocoa Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Add the cocoa powder and oil to a small bowl. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the egg whites to the mixer bowl and start whisking. Gradually add 1/4 cup of all the sugar in the process. Whisk until you have a firm cream.
- Add the yolks and remaining sugar to a bowl. Mix them until smooth using a hand mixer. Add the cocoa mixture and mix some more.
- Add the whisked egg mixture and mix until even using a spatula.
- Shortly mix the flour and cornflour together in a small bowl. Gradually add this mixture to the cocoa-egg mixture bowl and stir until even.
- Line an 11 x 7 x 2 inches (28 x 18 x 5 cm) baking pan with parchment paper, then transfer the mixture to it. Bake for 20 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar to a bowl. Mix until you have a smooth cream.
- Place the cake base on the work surface. Spread the cream cheese mixture on it. Cut it into forms using the cake cutters of your choosing and serve.