Ingredients Needed for Cocoa and Walnut Cream Cake
1.5 ounces of room temperature butter
1 cup sugar
⅓ cup flour
½ cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of water
3 egg yolks
5 ounces of cream cheese
1 cup whipped cream
3 whipped egg whites
How to Cook Cocoa and Walnut Cream Cake
- Add the butter and 1/2 cup of sugar to a bowl. Mix until even using a hand mixer.
- Keep mixing while gradually adding the flour, 3/4 of all the cocoa powder, and the 2 tablespoons of water. Mix until smooth.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and evenly spread the cocoa and flour mixture. Bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
Halfway fill a cooking pot with water and start heating it. Place a heat-proof bowl on top, then add the egg yolks and the remaining sugar. Continually whisk until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the cream cheese to a bowl and strain the remaining cocoa powder over it. Mix until even.
- Add the egg yolk mixture and mix more. Add the whipped cream and whipped egg whites and keep mixing.
- Transfer to the loaf pan and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Top with crumbled walnuts, garnish with cocoa powder and serve.