Ingredients Needed for Cocoa and Coconut Sweet Breads
For the dough:
1 ½ cups of flour
⅔ cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
For the glaze:
2 cups of milk
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
How to Cook Cocoa and Coconut Sweet Breads
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Add the flour, sugar, and baking powder into the mixer bowl.
- Crack the eggs and over the flour. Set your mixer over medium speed, and mix it for 4-5 minutes, until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a round cake tin, approximately 12 inches (30 cm) in diameter.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake it for 40 minutes.
- Separately, heat the milk in a saucepan over low heat. Add the sugar and whisk to dissolve it. While on heat, take out some of the milk (around 1/4 cup) and place it in a small bowl. Add the cocoa powder over it and whisk. Drop it in the rest of the milk and whisk. Leave it on heat for 1-2 more minutes.
- Remove the cake out of the tin, and slice it into thick dices, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick.
- Soak the dough cubes into the cocoa milk, for 1-2 minutes, making sure they are fully covered by it.
- When they’re ready, coat them with the multi-colored coconut flakes, according to your preferences.