Ingredients Needed for Classic Tart Crust
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of cold water
1 ¼ cups of flour
½ cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon salt
4 ounces of butter
How to Make Classic Tart Crust
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla in a small bowl. Add the cold water and mix everything with a teaspoon.
- Next, add the flour in a large bowl. Add the powdered sugar and salt. Mix with a spatula and add the butter.
- Add the butter over the dry mixture and slowly mix with the tip of your fingers until the mixture has the aspect of crumbs.
- Dust your working space with flour and lay the dough.
- Knead it and give it a round shape. Refrigerate the dough for the next 60 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, remove the foil and level with a rolling pin.