Ingredients Needed for Classic Pizza Dough
0.5 ounce dry yeast
1 ½ cups of water, warm
2 tablespoons of sugar
¼ cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups of flour
How to Cook Classic Pizza Dough
- Pour the warm water into a bowl and add the dry yeast. Wait for 10 minutes until the yeast starts to bubble.
- Add the sugar, salt, and olive oil. Use a fork and mix.
- Add the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the middle of it.
- Pour around 1/3 of the wet mixture in the well and slowly stir with a spatula in order to absorb the flour.
- Pour the remaining mixture and mix until it has fully absorbed the flour.
- Grease a large bowl with olive oil. Add the dough and cover the bowl with plastic foil.
- Let it rise for the next 60 minutes.
- Next, grab some dough in your hands and lay it on your working surface (flour-dusted).
- Knead the dough until smooth and level it with a rolling pin.
- Give it a round shape, approximately 12 inches (30 cm) in diameter.