Ingredients Needed for Cinnamon Sweet Potato Cookies
3 cups of flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
7 ounces of butter, melted
1 potato, cooked and mashed
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, whisked
3 tablespoons of cinnamon
1 cup quince jam
How to Cook Cinnamon Sweet Potato Cookies
- First start with the dry mixture. Add the flour in a large bowl. Add the salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Stir to combine the dry ingredients.
- Next add the melted butter in a large bowl.
- Add the mashed sweet potato, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of sugar, and whisked eggs.
- Set up your mixer at medium speed and mix the sweet potato and eggs mixture until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and combine the ingredients into a smooth dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Cover the dough with plastic foil and refrigerate it for the next 30 minutes.
- When the time’s up, take the dough out of the refrigerator. Grab a pinch of mixture and shape it into a 2 inches (5 cm) cookie. Continue until you finish the dough.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay the cookies on it.
- Add the remaining sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and stir with a spoon to combine them.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar mix over each cookie. Bake the cookies for the next 12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool, then spread 1 teaspoon of quince jam onto the one cookie and top with another one. Continue until you finish the cookies.