Calories: 602 kCal / serving
- 7 g
- 37 g
- 64 g
Ingredients Needed for Christmas Carrot Cake
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups of flour
1½ cups of sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
4 carrots, shredded
½ cup raisins
½ cup walnuts, chopped
For the frosting:
2 cups of powdered sugar
3.5 ounces of butter
2 tablespoons of cream cheese
How to Make Christmas Carrot Cake
- Pour the vegetable oil in a large bowl.
- Add the yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, and orange zest. Whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix everything and pour the egg mixture. Add the carrots, raisins, walnuts, and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into 2 round cake tins, approximately 10 inches (25 cm) in diameter.
- Slide the tins into the oven for the next 30 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Mix the powdered sugar with butter in a large bowl using a spatula.
- Add the cream cheese and use your mixer to combine the ingredients. Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Next, you can decide how you want to serve the cake. You can make 1 large one or 2 smaller ones.