Chorizo and White Bean Chicken Roll
Why don’t we butterfly and tenderize two chicken breast halves? Not for nothing, but to stuff them with a creamy juicy white bean and tomato filling. Make it hot by adding chorizo and paprika. Pan-cook, roll, and bake, then serve sliced and enjoy.
Ingredients Needed for Chorizo and White Bean Chicken Roll
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 ounce chorizo, diced
7 ounces of canned white beans
1 teaspoon paprika
½ cup canned tomatoes
½ cup white wine
10 ounces of chicken breast (2 halves)
2 teaspoons of olive oil
How to Make Chorizo and White Bean Chicken Roll
- Heat the oil in a pan over low heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the thyme and stir it in. Add the chorizo and do the same.
- Add the canned white beans. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with paprika, pepper, and salt. Stir in. Add the canned tomatoes and stir them in. Add the wine and do the same.
- Cook for 6 minutes.
- Butterfly the chicken breast halves, then cover them with plastic foil and tenderize them with the mallet.
- Lay a parchment paper sheet on the work surface and place the tenderized chicken breast halves next to each other so that they are overlapping.
- Spread the bean mixture over them and garnish with fresh thyme. Roll with the parchment paper sheet.
- Fasten the roll with kitchen cord.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and add the chicken roll. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 45 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.