Ingredients Needed for Chorizo and Bean Bowl
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
7 ounces of chorizo, thinly sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon salsa sauce
1 tablespoon tequila
1 ounce parsnip, diced
2 carrots, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 green chili, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 cup water
2 cups of tomato sauce
1 cup canned tomatoes
½ cup parmesan, shredded
1 cup canned white beans
1 cup canned red beans
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
How to Cook Chorizo and Bean Bowl
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chorizo and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Next, heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, salsa sauce, tequila, parsnip, and carrot. Cook the veggies for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, green chili, and basil. Pour the hot water, cover with a lid, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, and pour the water.
- Season with salt, pepper, and cover with a lid once again. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the shredded parmesan, white beans, and red beans. Simmer for 15 minutes lid on.
- Serve with some fresh parsley on top!