Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Tres Leches Cake
1 cup coffee
4 ounces of butter
1 cup milk
1 ½ cups of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups of flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 ounces of chocolate, shredded
1 cup unsweetened condensed milk
1 cup chocolate milk
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
How to Make Chocolate Tres Leches Cake
- Mix the hot coffee and butter in a bowl.
- Add the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Set up your mixer and mix everything until you obtain a smooth liquid mixture.
- Separately, mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the obtained dry mixture into the egg mixture 1 tablespoon at a time, while whisking in the process.
- Set up your mixer and mix until smooth. Pour the mixture in a round baking dish, approximately 12 inches (30 cm) in diameter. Evenly spread half of the shredded chocolate.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake it for the next 50 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Next, mix all of the condensed milk (both sweetened and unsweetened) and chocolate milk in a large bowl. Leave aside.
- Mix the whipping cream with 2 tablespoons of cocoa until stiff peaks appear.
- Remove the cake out of the oven and pinch its surface with a fork.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of chocolate milk mixture over the cake and evenly spread the whipping cream with a cake spatula.
- Top it with the remaining shredded chocolate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.