Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Toffee Bars
6 ounces of butter
1 ¼ cups of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3.5 ounces of chocolate
½ cup almonds
½ cup pecan nuts
How to Cook Chocolate Toffee Bars
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Let the butter melt, and keep the heat on for around 12-15 minutes, until the ingredients combine. The mixture should be thick, dark-golden colored, and it should have small bubbles appearing on the surface.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment-lined baking pan and level it with a spatula. Immediately add the shredded chocolate. Evenly spread it with a spatula. It should start melting, thus creating a chocolate layer for the toffee.
- Sprinkle the crushed almonds and pecans on top of the toffee.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes before serving it!