Ingredients Needed for Chocolate-Stuffed Pull-Apart Bread
For the dough:
2 cups of flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 cup milk
½ cup sugar
⅓ cup vegetable oil
For assembling the bread:
1 tablespoon butter
7 ounces of chocolate, broken into pieces
2 eggs, for the egg wash
2 tablespoons of milk, for the egg wash
more chocolate, grated (for garnishing)
How to Make Chocolate-Stuffed Pull-Apart Bread
- For the dough:
Add the flour, baking powder, dry yeast, eggs, lemon zest, and milk, sugar to a dough mixer and start mixing. Gradually add the vegetable oil while mixing. Mix until you have a dough.
- Let it rise for 35 minutes.
- For assembling the bread:
Coat the interior of a 10-inch diameter round baking dish with the butter. Set aside.
- For the egg wash: add the eggs and milk to a smaller bowl and mix them.
- Wrap chocolate pieces in 2-ounce dough balls. We’ve got 14 of them. Place them inside the buttered baking dish.
- Coat them with the egg wash using a brush then bake for 30 minutes at 360⁰F/170⁰C.
- Garnish it with grated chocolate.