Ingredients Needed for Chocolate and Pear Cake
1 tablespoon sugar
3 star anise
3 fresh basil leaves
2 cups of cake mix
5 ounces of butter
⅔ cup milk
6 teaspoons of cherry jam
cherry topping (for serving)
How to Cook Chocolate and Pear Cake
- Place the pears on a wooden board and peel them.
- Slice them into halves and remove the seeds of the pears.
- Heat a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, and fill it 3/4 with water.
- Add the sliced pears, sugar, star anises, cloves, and fresh basil.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce the heat, simmering the pears for 5 minutes.
- Carefully take out the pears and place them on a wooden board.
- Next, add the cake mix in your food processor. Add the butter, eggs, and pour the milk. Mix everything until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 340°C/170°C.
- Fill the emptied pears with a teaspoon of cherry jam. Bond the pears together and stick them with a toothpick.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper and add the pears in line in the tray. Pour the chocolate mix over the pears.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake the cake for the next 40 minutes.