Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Mousse With Walnut Candies
7 ounces of dark chocolate
¼ cup warm water
4 egg whites
¼ cup sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
⅔ cup walnuts
2 ounces of ginger cookies
3 tablespoons of peanut butter
2 tablespoons of coconut flakes for coating
How to Cook Chocolate Mousse With Walnut Candies
- Fill a medium cooking pot halfway with water and heat it. Place a heat-proof bowl on top and add the chocolate. Cook and continuously stir until melted.
- Remove the bowl from heat and add to it the warm water. Mix until even and set aside.
- Add the egg whites to a bowl. Whisk until it starts getting firm using a hand mixer. Add the sugar and continue to whisk until stiff and white. Set aside.
- Add the whipping cream to a bowl. Whip it using the hand mixer.
- Add the whipped cream and whisked egg white to the melted chocolate bowl. Mix until even using a spatula.
- Transfer this mixture to a piping bag. Transfer it to 5 glasses, then refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Add the walnuts to the blender and crush them. Transfer them to a bowl.
- Add the cookies to the blender and crush them. Transfer them to the walnut bowl. Add the peanut butter and mix until even.
- Start forming little balls from this mixture. We’ve got 25 of them.
- Coat the balls with coconut flakes, place them on a tray, then refrigerate for 30 minutes Serve them over the chocolate mousse.