Chocolate Monkey Bread With Walnuts
Prepare to get your hands dirty. Literally! That’s because the monkey bread is a finger food in every sense of the word. You need to pick it apart when serving it as it is made up of pastry balls. Try to prepare this nutty chocolatey sweet treat yourself, then share it with your friends.
Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Monkey Bread With Walnuts
½ cup butter
⅔ cup brown sugar
1 pound puff pastry
¾ cup walnuts, crumbled
⅓ cup chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Monkey Bread With Walnuts
- Add the butter and brown sugar to a smaller bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Knead and shape the puff pastry into a sphere. Divide it into smaller pieces and shape them into balls. We’ve settled for 12 pieces, but your number will differ depending on how big you make them.
- Line a springform pan with parchment paper and transfer the dough balls to it. Add 1/2 of the crumbled walnuts.
- Stir the microwaved butter and brown sugar mixture and pour half of it over the dough balls. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and add the remaining walnuts. Finish with the remaining microwaved butter mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350⁰F/170⁰C.
- You can garnish it with chocolate syrup.