Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Log With Raspberries
½ cup sugar
⅔ cup cocoa powder
7 egg whites
1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
⅓ cup double cream
4 ounces of raspberries
¼ cup melted white chocolate for garnishing
¼ cup melted dark chocolate for garnishing
How to Cook Chocolate Log With Raspberries
- Add the yolks and sugar to the mixer bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Strain the cocoa powder into the same bowl. Mix until even, this time using a spatula. Set aside.
- Add the egg whites to a bowl. Beat them until stiff using a hand mixer.
- Add 1/3 of the whipped egg whites to the cocoa mixture bowl. Mix until even using a spatula. Set aside.
- Line a 13 x 9 x 2 inches (33 x 23 x 5 cm) baking pan with parchment paper. Coat with the butter.
- Add the cocoa mixture. Tilt the pan so that it spreads evenly. Bake for 20 minutes at 340⁰F/170⁰C.
- Add the whipping cream and double cream to a bowl. Mix until even using the hand mixer. Set aside.
- Lay a larger kitchen towel on the work surface. Remove the baking pan from the oven and place it upside down on the towel. Remove the pan and the parchment paper.
- Bring one of the towel’s ends over the crust and roll up using the towel. Let it cool at room temperature.
- Unroll the crust and layer the whipped cream on top. Spread it evenly and add the raspberries.
- Roll it back again, this time without using the towel. 😉 Let it sit at room temperature for 60 minutes.
- Garnish with melted white and dark chocolate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.