Chocolate Log With Raspberries
This chocolatey sweet treat means Christmas and basically is a cake roulade. It is also known as a Yule Log and if you haven’t prepared it until now, well, it’s time you do it. It’s all chocolate and cocoa. Add them when you prepare your smooth and elastic dough and when garnishing the log. Save most of the whipped cream, together with the raspberries, to fill this delight.
Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Log With Raspberries
½ cup sugar
⅔ cup cocoa powder
7 egg whites
1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup heavy whipping cream
⅓ cup double cream
4 ounces of raspberries
¼ cup melted white chocolate for garnishing
¼ cup melted dark chocolate for garnishing
How to Make Chocolate Log With Raspberries
- Add the yolks and sugar to the mixer bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Strain the cocoa powder into the same bowl. Mix until even, this time using a spatula. Set aside.
- Add the egg whites to a bowl. Beat them until stiff using a hand mixer.
- Add 1/3 of the whipped egg whites to the cocoa mixture bowl. Mix until even using a spatula. Set aside.
- Line a 13 x 9 x 2 inches (33 x 23 x 5 cm) baking pan with parchment paper. Coat with the butter.
- Add the cocoa mixture. Tilt the pan so that it spreads evenly. Bake for 20 minutes at 340⁰F/170⁰C.
- Add the whipping cream and double cream to a bowl. Mix until even using the hand mixer. Set aside.
- Lay a larger kitchen towel on the work surface. Remove the baking pan from the oven and place it upside down on the towel. Remove the pan and the parchment paper.
- Bring one of the towel’s ends over the crust and roll up using the towel. Let it cool at room temperature.
- Unroll the crust and layer the whipped cream on top. Spread it evenly and add the raspberries.
- Roll it back again, this time without using the towel. 😉 Let it sit at room temperature for 60 minutes.
- Garnish with melted white and dark chocolate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.