Ingredients Needed for Chocolate-Filled Donuts
For the donuts:
2 cups of flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 cup milk
½ cup sugar
⅓ cup vegetable oil
For the filling:
1 ½ cups of chocolate chips
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 white chocolate bar, broken into pieces
½ cup nutella
flour for dusting
powdered sugar for serving
How to Cook Chocolate-Filled Donuts
- For the donuts:
Add the flour, baking powder, dry yeast, eggs, lemon zest to taste, milk, and sugar to your mixer.
- While mixing, add the vegetable oil, too. Mix until you have a dough. Let it rise for 35 minutes.
- For the filling:
Add the chocolate chips to a heat-proof bowl. Bring a halfway water-filled medium-sized pot to a boil.
- Place the chocolate bowl on top and add the coconut oil. Stir using a spatula until it melts, then remove the bowl from heat.
- Transfer the white chocolate to a heat-proof bowl and place it on the same boiling water pot. Stir until it melts then remove from heat.
- Add the Nutella to the dark chocolate bowl and mix them.
- For the donuts:
Dust the work surface with flour. Flatten the dough using your hands then the rolling pin.
- Cut circles from the flattened dough using a 4-5 inch cookie cutter. Cut an even number. We’ve got ten of them.
- For each of the 5 dough circles add one tablespoon of Nutella-chocolate or white chocolate cream. Cover each chocolate-topped disc with an empty one, then join their edges by pressing.
- Place the donuts on a parchment paper-lined tray and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Fill a deep-fryer pan halfway with oil and heat it over medium heat. Fry the donuts on both sides until golden brown. Fry them 2 or 3 at a time.
- Remove and drain them on paper towels. Serve them sprinkled with powdered sugar. Optionally, you can drizzle them with Nutella-chocolate cream and melted white chocolate.