Ingredients Needed for Chocolate-Covered Date Pops
9 ounces of date
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup agave syrup
1 teaspoon salt
4 ounces of dark chocolate
How to Cook Chocolate-Covered Date Pops
- Place the dates in your food processor. Process them until you obtain a smooth date mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract, agave syrup, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Mix until the ingredients blend together in a homogenous paste. Refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, break the chocolate and place it into a heatproof bowl.
- Sit it over a pan of barely simmering water (a bain marie), and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Take the mixture out of the fridge. Pinch off a piece of the mixture and gently roll it between your hands to form a small ball, around 1-2 inch (2,5 cm – 4 cm) in diameter. Continue until you’ve used all of the mixture.
- Slide each ball on top of a wooden sticks. Coat them with melted chocolate and decorate them with a colored sprinkles.
- Refrigerate the pops for 30 minutes before serving.