10 ounces of dark chocolate
2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Melt the dark chocolate using the bain-marie method. Fill with water a pot, place it on the stove and when the water starts boiling, place a bowl on top of it. The bowl should not be immersed into the boiling water. Broke the chocolate into pieces and add it to the bowl. Stir until it melts.
- Remove the chocolate from heat. Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Add the yolks to your stand mixer and whisk until they form stiff peaks.
- Set aside about 0.5-cup (100 ml) of melted chocolate. Incorporate the yolks into the remaining melted chocolate. Also, add the beaten egg whites and incorporate them gradually into the chocolate mixture. Stir slowly and don’t overdo it.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
- Grease with olive oil a cake pan (8-inch/20 cm in diameter). Pour the chocolate batter in it.
- Bake the chocolate cake for 10 minutes. When ready, remove it from the oven and let it cool on a rack.
- Warm the remaining melted chocolate and coat the cake with it. Refrigerate the cake for at least 10 minutes before serving.