Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Baklava
1 cup melted butter
9 pastrys sheets
1 pound walnut, chopped
1 chocolate, approximately 3.5 ounces , shredded
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
How to Cook Chocolate Baklava
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Spread a thin layer of melted butter on the bottom of an oven tray.
- Place the first phyllo sheet in the tray. Spread 1 tablespoon of melted butter over it. Top it with another phyllo pastry, add 1 tablespoon of melted butter and spread evenly a handful of walnuts and a handful of shredded chocolate. Add another sheet of phyllo pastry, spread 1 tablespoon of melted butter, a handful of walnuts and a handful of shredded chocolate. Continue with the remaining ingredients, until you use all the phyllo pastry (you should use around 9-10 sheets for the baklava).
- Using a sharp knife, make 3 lengthwise cuts and 6 crosswise cuts. Drizzle 4-5 tablespoons of water over the baklava and bake it in the oven for the next 35 minutes.
- For making the sugar syrup: fill a pot with water, add the sugar, the lemon zest and the lemon juice. Bring to a slight boil over medium heat.
- Once you take out the baklava out of the oven, pour the syrup over. You can top the baklava with some lemon slices. Let it cool completely before serving.