Chili dogs are an upgraded version of hot dogs. Instead of mustard and ketchup, they’re packed full of ground beef, tomato sauce, beans, spring onion, and some deliciously melting Cheddar. You can make them quite quickly so they’re definitely an option for when you have some unexpected guests dropping by.
Ingredients Needed for Chili Dogs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
10 ounces of ground beef
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon chili flakes
½ teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon flour
½ cup canned tomatoes
½ cup water
1 cup canned white beans
6 bread rolls
1 spring onion, chopped
½ cup cheddar, shredded
How to Make Chili Dogs
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic powder, and ground beef.
- Give it a good stir and season with thyme, salt, oregano, chili flakes, and sugar.
- Cook the beef until browned.
- Add the flour, canned tomatoes, and water. Cook the beef for 20 minutes.
- Add the white beans and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Slice the bread rolls through the middle. Add 1 wiener sausage and 1-2 tablespoons of the ground beef mixture inside each bread roll.
- Garnish with spring onion and shredded Cheddar.
- Slide the rolls into the oven for the next 10 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.