Ingredients Needed for Chili Dogs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
10 ounces of ground beef
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon chili flakes
½ teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon flour
½ cup canned tomatoes
½ cup water
1 cup canned white beans
6 bread rolls
1 spring onion, chopped
½ cup cheddar, shredded
How to Cook Chili Dogs
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic powder, and ground beef.
- Give it a good stir and season with thyme, salt, oregano, chili flakes, and sugar.
- Cook the beef until browned.
- Add the flour, canned tomatoes, and water. Cook the beef for 20 minutes.
- Add the white beans and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Slice the bread rolls through the middle. Add 1 wiener sausage and 1-2 tablespoons of the ground beef mixture inside each bread roll.
- Garnish with spring onion and shredded Cheddar.
- Slide the rolls into the oven for the next 10 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.