Ingredients Needed for Chili Con Carne and Cheddar Crust
0.5 green bell pepper, chopped
2 green chilis es, sliced
2 red onions s, medium size, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 paprika powder
1 cup canned tomatoes, chopped
10 ounces of ground beef
1 cup canned red beans
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
5 ounces of cooked rice
⅔ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Cook Chili Con Carne and Cheddar Crust
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Add and cook the green bell pepper and chilies for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the onion, mix, and braise the onion until it softens.
- Add the garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the canned tomatoes and ground beef, then mix again. Cook further for 15-20 minutes, on medium heat.
- Add the canned red beans, fresh parsley, and cooked rice.
- Divide the mixture into 2 small ceramic baking pots.
- Bake for 25 minutes.