Ingredients Needed for Chickpea Soup
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
½ teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup canned chickpeas
1 cup canned tomatoes
1 celery stick, sliced
2 cups of vegetable stock
½ cup frozen green peas
½ teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
How to Cook Chickpea Soup
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, on the stove.
- Add the onion, stir often and cook it on low heat until it turns soft and translucent.
- Add the cumin and garlic powder. Stir. Then, add the chickpeas.
- Add the canned tomatoes, celery slices, vegetable stock, salt, and pepper. Stir, turn up the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas, lemon zest, lemon juice, and fresh cilantro. Cook for a further 2 minutes.