Ingredients Needed for Chickpea Nuggets
1.5 cups panko
2 egg whites
3 ounces oat flour
12 ounces canned chickpeas
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
How to Cook Chickpea Nuggets
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper, add the panko and evenly spread it.
- Roast for 10 minutes at 360ºF/180ºC.
- Add the egg whites to a bowl and whisk them.
- Gradually whisk in 2 ounces of oat flour. Set aside.
- Add the chickpeas, garlic powder, and onion powder to a blender.
- Season with salt and add the whisked egg mixture. Puree everything.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the remaining oat flour and mix until even.
- Shape this dough into nuggets (we’ve ended up with 12). Coat them with roasted panko.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the coated nuggets to it.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 360ºF/180ºC.