Chicken With Sweet and Spicy Rice
This sweet and spicy rice has an exotic flavor, and will be the perfect side for your delicious chicken. Dates and honey bring their sweetness, which is balanced by the spicy kick from the chili. Serve it with a pair of chicken drumsticks and/or thighs who have way more flavor than chicken breast.
Ingredients Needed for Chicken With Sweet and Spicy Rice
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 chicken thighs
2 chicken drumsticks
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
5.25 ounces of brown rice
1 tablespoon honey
2 cups of water
1 spring onion, chopped
½ red chili, thinly sliced
How to Make Chicken With Sweet and Spicy Rice
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken thighs and drumsticks, and cook them until golden and crispy. Season them with salt and pepper. When cooked, set them aside.
- Next, heat the remaining oil in another skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic and cook them until golden. Add the brown rice, dates, and honey. Add 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover the skillet with a lid. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the chicken thigh and drumsticks, pour the remaining water, add thyme, and cover.
- Let it simmer for 30 more minutes.
- Add spring onion, red chili, and cook everything for 2 more minutes.