Ingredients Needed for Chicken With Sweet and Spicy Rice
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 chicken thighs
2 chicken drumsticks
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
5.25 ounces of brown rice
1 tablespoon honey
2 cups of water
1 spring onion, chopped
½ red chili, thinly sliced
How to Cook Chicken With Sweet and Spicy Rice
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken thighs and drumsticks, and cook them until golden and crispy. Season them with salt and pepper. When cooked, set them aside.
- Next, heat the remaining oil in another skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic and cook them until golden. Add the brown rice, dates, and honey. Add 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover the skillet with a lid. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the chicken thigh and drumsticks, pour the remaining water, add thyme, and cover.
- Let it simmer for 30 more minutes.
- Add spring onion, red chili, and cook everything for 2 more minutes.