Ingredients Needed for Chicken With Gnocchi and Pesto Sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
8 ounces of chicken breast, diced
1 red onion, chopped
5 ounces of butternut squash, diced
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
5 ounces of gnocchi
1 cup chicken stock
1 ½ tablespoons of pesto sauce
3 ounces of baby spinach
½ cup parmesan, shredded
How to Cook Chicken With Gnocchi and Pesto Sauce
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and add the chicken breast. Cook it for 15 minutes, stirring often, until it turns golden brown.
- Take the chicken pieces out of the skillet and set them aside.
- Add the onion and butternut squash in the remaining vegetable oil.
- Add the garlic, gnocchi, and pour 1/2 cup (125 ml) of chicken stock.
- Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer everything for 5 minutes. If necessary, add some more chicken stock.
- Add the pesto sauce and stir thoroughly.
- Season with salt, pepper, and add the baby spinach.
- Add the chicken, parmesan, and cook for 2-3 more minutes.