Chicken With Gnocchi and Pesto Sauce
This chicken and gnocchi pasta is our suggestion for a quick meal tonight. They’re tucked in a savory pesto sauce, and served with some baby spinach and shredded parmesan for that nice Italian flavor. Butternut squash might seem out of place at first, but if you include it, it will bring the flavor up to the main stage!
Ingredients Needed for Chicken With Gnocchi and Pesto Sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
8 ounces of chicken breast, diced
1 red onion, chopped
5 ounces of butternut squash, diced
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
5 ounces of gnocchi
1 cup chicken stock
1 ½ tablespoons of pesto sauce
3 ounces of baby spinach
½ cup parmesan, shredded
How to Make Chicken With Gnocchi and Pesto Sauce
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and add the chicken breast. Cook it for 15 minutes, stirring often, until it turns golden brown.
- Take the chicken pieces out of the skillet and set them aside.
- Add the onion and butternut squash in the remaining vegetable oil.
- Add the garlic, gnocchi, and pour 1/2 cup (125 ml) of chicken stock.
- Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer everything for 5 minutes. If necessary, add some more chicken stock.
- Add the pesto sauce and stir thoroughly.
- Season with salt, pepper, and add the baby spinach.
- Add the chicken, parmesan, and cook for 2-3 more minutes.