Calories: 1262 kCal / serving
- 49 g
- 76 g
- 97 g
Ingredients Needed for Chicken White Stew With Fried Polenta
1 cup instant cornmeal
3 cups of water
2 tablespoons of butter
2 teaspoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
6 ounces of chicken breast, cubed
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 onion, chopped
7 ounces of mushrooms
1 cup chicken stock
1 ½ cups of heavy cream
3 ounces of grated parmesan
4 rosemary sprigs
How to Make Chicken White Stew With Fried Polenta
- Add the water in a saucepan and place it on the stove. Add some salt and bring the water to a boil. When the water starts boiling, add the cornmeal gradually, while whisking.
- When the polenta has thickened, let it cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and whisk to incorporate it.
- Grease 2 ramekins (4-inch/10 cm diameter) with olive oil. Add the polenta into them, then let it cool for 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and add the chicken breast cubes in it. Start frying the chicken, while stirring with a wooden spatula.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. When the chicken cubes turn golden brown, add the whole garlic cloves, onion, and the remaining butter. Stir and cook until the onion softens.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken stock, then some fresh thyme. Cook until the stock is boiling and the mushrooms start to soften, then add the heavy cream and combine them all to make a stew.
- Add the chopped parsley and grate about one tablespoon of parmesan, stir for one more minute, then set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and throw in it the rosemary sprigs. Remove the polenta from the ramekins and add the rolls to the skillet, to heat them a little. Grate some more parmesan on each polenta roll, then flip them over and grate parmesan again. If you don’t have enough room in your skillet, heat the polenta rolls one at a time.
- Serve the fried polenta with chicken and mushroom stew.