Ingredients Needed for Chicken Wellington
For the mushroom mixture:
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
5 ounces of mushrooms
1 ounce dried porcini
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
For the chicken:
10 ounces of chicken breast, 2 butterflied halves
1 tablespoon mustard
4 ounces of prosciutto crudo (8 strips)
2 puff pastrys sheets
1 whisked egg
How to Make Chicken Wellington
- For the mushroom mixture:
Heat the oil in a skillet over low heat and add the mushrooms. Cook and stir them until tender.
- Add the porcini. Stir for 30 seconds. Add the garlic and fresh thyme. Cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a mixer bowl. Mix until even and set aside.
- For the chicken:
Place the butterflied chicken breast halves on the work surface. Season them on both sides with salt and pepper, then coat them with mustard. Set them aside.
- Lay a plastic wrap on the work surface. Place 4 partially overlapping slices of prosciutto on it. Spread 1/2 of the mushroom mixture on them, then add one mustard-coated chicken breast on top of them.
- Simultaneously roll the prosciutto slices with the help of the plastic wrap.
- Lay one puff pastry sheet on the work surface. Place the prosciutto roll in the middle then wrap it. Trim the puff pastry sheet’s elongated ends using a plastic knife. Coat it with whisked egg, lightly score the pastry with a skewer, a toothpick or a knife. Follow the same steps for the remaining prosciutto and chicken breast.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, place the two pastry wraps on it, and bake for 40 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.