Chicken, Veggie and Rice Skillet
Chicken, veggies, and rice is a classic combo used in kitchens worldwide, but it’s also one we could eat almost at any time. This one has some welcome additions, like five spice powder, coriander, and mint, which breathe new life and flavor in this classic dish.
Ingredients Needed for Chicken, Veggie and Rice Skillet
1 teaspoon sesame oil
0.5 ounce ginger, shredded
½ red bell pepper, minced
1 carrot, shredded
7 ounces of chicken mince
1 teaspoon five-spice powder
½ cup chicken stock
5 ounces of rice, cooked
fresh coriander, chopped
red cabbage leaves
How to Make Chicken, Veggie and Rice Skillet
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ginger, bell pepper, and carrot. Cook them for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the chicken mince and season with salt, pepper, and five-spice powder.
- Stir and cook the meat for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, cooked rice, mint, and coriander.
- Cook everything until the liquid evaporates.
- If you want, serve the meat and rice mixture in red cabbage leaves and garnish with fresh thyme.