Ingredients Needed for Chicken Tikka Masala With Basmati Rice
For the marinade:
10 ounces of chicken breast, chopped
1 cup yogurt
½ cup curry powder
1 tablespoon lime juice
For the spicy tomato sauce:
2 ounces of olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red chili, chopped
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cumin powder
½ cup tomato sauce
1 cup water
For the platter:
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
½ cup yogurt
fresh coriander leaves, chopped (for garnishing)
1 cup cooked basmati rice
How to Cook Chicken Tikka Masala With Basmati Rice
- For the marinade:
Add the chicken breast, yogurt, curry powder, and lime juice to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix to completely coat the chicken breast. Marinate overnight.
- For the spicy tomato sauce:
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the garlic and chili. Cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add the cinnamon and cumin. Stir again for 30 seconds or so.
- Add the tomato sauce and water. Stir them in, bring to a boil, then simmer for 12-15 minutes. Continue to stir in the process. Set aside.
- For the platter:
Skewer the marinated chicken breast cubes and drizzle vegetable oil on the grill.
- Grill them on all sides until cooked through, or for up to 15 minutes.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the skewers and add to the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, add the yogurt and mix until even.
- Serve the tikka masala garnished with coriander leaves on a platter, together with the basmati rice.