Ingredients Needed for Chicken Thighs With Couscous and Veggies
2 skin-on chicken thighs
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
vegetable oil for frying
1 red onion, chopped
½ red bell pepper, sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ teaspoon cumin powder
3.5 ounces of couscous
½ cup chicken stock
½ cup canned tomatoes
2 ounces of canned green beans
8 green olives, pitted
How to Cook Chicken Thighs With Couscous and Veggies
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl.
- Season them with oregano, salt, pepper, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil. Mix to entirely coat the thighs with the mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs skin side down. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook the thighs for the next 20 minutes.
- Flip the thighs on the other side, cooking them for 2-3 more minutes. Remove them from the skillet.
- Add the red onion in the same skillet.
- Stir and cook it until soft, then add the bell peppers, minced garlic, and cumin powder. Stir.
- Add the couscous, pour the chicken stock, and simmer everything for 5 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, green beans, olives, gently stir, and cook everything for 2 more minutes.
- Lay the chicken thighs skin-up in the pan, and leave everything on heat for one more minute.