Ingredients Needed for Chicken Pita Wraps
1 teaspoon peppercorns
10 ounces of chicken breast
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
¼ cabbage, chopped
3 pickles, sliced
4 pita breads
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
4 chilis, sliced
½ cup arugula
1 cup parmesan, grated
How to Cook Chicken Pita Wraps
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and salt it.
- Add the peppercorns, chicken breast and a few thyme sprigs. Cover with the lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked meat to a blender and crush it.
- Transfer the meat to a bowl and add the mayonnaise, cabbage, and pickles. Season with salt and pepper, then mix until even.
- Spread 1/4 of the meat mixture on a thin pita or a tortilla. Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of parsley, add a few slices of chili, arugula, and grated parmesan. Wrap the pita/tortilla around the filling. Do the same for the other 3 pitas using the remaining ingredients.
- Wrap each pita wrap with plastic foil and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Unwrap the pita wraps and transfer them to a baking dish. Top with more grated parmesan and bake for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- You can serve them with cream and garnish them with more parsley.