Ingredients Needed for Chicken Nuggets in Sweet Tomato Sauce
2 tablespoons of ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup water
10 ounces of chicken breast
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
¼ cup white wine
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
vegetable oil for frying
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
How to Make Chicken Nuggets in Sweet Tomato Sauce
- Mix the ketchup, brown sugar, honey, and 1/2 cup of water in a small bowl.
- Slice the chicken breast in 2 inches (5 cm) long strips, and add them in a large bowl.
- Season it with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, herb salt and pepper. Add the white wine. Mix and marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the batter. Add the flour in a bowl. Add baking powder, herb salt and pepper. Crack the egg, and whisk it to incorporate it into the flour. Add the remaining water and continue whisking the mixture.
- Pour the batter over the chicken and mix to evenly coat it.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and fry it until golden and crispy.
- In another frying pan or wok, heat the ketchup mixture over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and sesame seeds, and cook for 2 more minutes.