Ingredients Needed for Chicken Muffin Sandwiches
½ cup flour
½ cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 ounces of butter, melted
¼ red chili, minced
¼ cup cheddar, shredded
1 tablespoon milk
5 ounces of chicken breast
½ cup breadcrumbs
vegetable oil for frying
1 avocado, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 bacon slices, fried
0.5 tomato, sliced
How to Cook Chicken Muffin Sandwiches
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- You can first start with the muffins.
- Add the flour in a large bowl. Add the cornmeal, salt, baking powder, melted butter, and egg. Whisk everything until smooth. Add the red chili and Cheddar. Mix everything.
- Place the cornmeal mix in muffin molds. The mixture should be enough for 4 muffins.
- Bake the muffins for the next 15-17 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can take care of the chicken. Whisk the egg and milk in a bowl. Cut the chicken breast into quarters.
- Coat the chicken with egg wash and breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook it until golden and crispy.
- For the avocado salsa, add the avocado cubes in a large bowl. Pour the olive oil and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and break the fried bacon into small bits. Add them in the bowl. Mash everything with a fork until smooth.
- In order to make the sandwiches, slice 1 of the muffins through the middle.
- Spread the avocado salsa over of the bottom half. Top it with 1 chicken bit, and 1 tomato slice. Finish it with the top half of the muffin.
- Repeat the steps to make the remaining sandwiches.