Chicken Muffin Sandwiches
What is this delicious treat? Is it a muffin? Is it a sandwich? Well, it actually gets you the best out of both worlds. The muffins are salty, and enriched with a bit of melted butter and Cheddar on the inside, which makes them delicious on their own. But wait till you fill them with chicken and avocado salsa. Then they hit the next level!
Ingredients Needed for Chicken Muffin Sandwiches
½ cup flour
½ cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 ounces of butter, melted
¼ red chili, minced
¼ cup cheddar, shredded
1 tablespoon milk
5 ounces of chicken breast
½ cup breadcrumbs
vegetable oil for frying
1 avocado, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 bacon slices, fried
0.5 tomato, sliced
How to Make Chicken Muffin Sandwiches
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- You can first start with the muffins.
- Add the flour in a large bowl. Add the cornmeal, salt, baking powder, melted butter, and egg. Whisk everything until smooth. Add the red chili and Cheddar. Mix everything.
- Place the cornmeal mix in muffin molds. The mixture should be enough for 4 muffins.
- Bake the muffins for the next 15-17 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can take care of the chicken. Whisk the egg and milk in a bowl. Cut the chicken breast into quarters.
- Coat the chicken with egg wash and breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook it until golden and crispy.
- For the avocado salsa, add the avocado cubes in a large bowl. Pour the olive oil and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and break the fried bacon into small bits. Add them in the bowl. Mash everything with a fork until smooth.
- In order to make the sandwiches, slice 1 of the muffins through the middle.
- Spread the avocado salsa over of the bottom half. Top it with 1 chicken bit, and 1 tomato slice. Finish it with the top half of the muffin.
- Repeat the steps to make the remaining sandwiches.