Ingredients Needed for Chicken in White Sauce 8 ounces of chicken breast, medium cubes
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
½ teaspoon dried oregano
3.5 ounces of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
½ cup chicken stock
⅓ cup heavy cream
2 potatoes, cut into cubes
1 cup canned peas
3 ounces of puff pastry
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
How to Cook Chicken in White Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Heat the vegetable oil into a skillet and start cooking the chicken breast.
- Add salt, pepper, and dried oregano. Cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Heat a saucepan on the stove and melt the butter.
- Add the flour and whisk until it thickens.
- Add chicken stock gradually until you make a nice thick sauce. Add the heavy cream and whisk.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, and cooked chicken pieces into the white sauce.
- Add the canned peas.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a small round baking pan.
- Flour your countertop and roll out the puff pastry using a rolling pin.
- Place the puff pastry sheet you just made on the top of the baking pan.
- Prick with a fork, so the hot air can get out.
- Whisk the egg with milk and make some egg wash. Coat the puff pastry with egg wash.
- Sprinkle some poppy seeds on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley.