Ingredients Needed for Chicken-Filled Roasted Sweet Potatoes
1 large sweet potato
½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 small onion, chopped
½ red onion, thinly sliced
3 ounces of shiitake mushroom
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
7 ounces of chicken breast
4 cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup low moisture mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Chicken-Filled Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F/170 degrees C.
- Pinch the sweet potato with a fork and roast it for the next 15 minutes. Keep the oven running when it’s ready.
- Slice the sweet potato into halves. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay the potato slices on it. You can lay the veggies next to the potatoes. Add the bell pepper, onion, red onion, and shiitake mushrooms. Drizzle them with vegetable oil. Season them with salt, pepper, and mix.
- Add the chicken breast on top of the bed of veggies. Slide the tray into the oven for the next 45 minutes. Keep the oven running when ready.
- Use a fork and break the chicken into small shreds. Mix it with the veggies. Use the obtained mix to fill the empty sweet potatoes. Top with cherry tomatoes and shredded mozzarella.
- Slide the tray into the oven again, this time for 15 minutes.