Ingredients Needed for Chicken Curry and Beetroot Rice
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
7 ounces of rice, cooked
1 egg, whisked
½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon cardamom
2 ounces of canned beetroot
1 tablespoon curry paste
8 ounces of chicken breast, sliced
1 spring onion, chopped
¼ cup coconut milk
How to Cook Chicken Curry and Beetroot Rice
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cooked rice and whisked egg, then stir.
- Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and cardamom.
- Add the canned beetroot and stir, until the rice turns pink.
- Shred a bit of lime zest. Mix for 1 more minute.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the curry paste and stir for 1 minute. Add the chicken, squeeze the lime, and cook it for 15 minutes, while stirring in the process.
- Add salt, pour the coconut milk and the spring onion. Reduce the heat, and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.