Ingredients Needed for Chicken, Chorizo and Shrimp Paella
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 chicken thighs s, skin on
4 ounces of chorizo, sliced
1 garlic clove, sliced
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon turmeric
½ cup tomato paste
9 ounces of rice
1 ½ cups of chicken stock
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup peas, frozen
How to Cook Chicken, Chorizo and Shrimp Paella
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken thighs and a bit of salt.
- Cook them for 6-7 minutes on one side, until golden, and then flip them over.
- Add the sliced chorizo, onion, garlic, and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add the carrot, and season with pepper, sweet paprika, and turmeric.
- Cover with a lid and let them simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the lid, add the tomato paste, rice, and chicken stock. Simmer everything for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, prawns, and peas. Slice the lemon in halves, and squeeze half of it over the paella. Slice the remaining lemon, and add the slices in the pan.
- Cook for 5 more minutes, adding a touch of parsley, before turning off the heat.