Ingredients Needed for Chicken Cacciatore
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound chicken drumsticks
1 onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon paprika
½ chili pepper, finely sliced
8 ounces canned tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
½ cup vermouth
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
2 ounces green olives, pitted
How to Make Chicken Cacciatore
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Turn the heat up, add the drumsticks, and cook them for 1 minute on both sides.
- Cover the saucepan with the lid and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Remove the seared drumsticks and set them aside. We’ll use the drippings in the saucepan to further cook the vegetables.
- Add the onion and garlic and turn the heat back to medium. Cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in the paprika and chili pepper.
- Add the canned tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the vermouth in the process.
- Add the seared drumsticks, cover with the lid, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, sprinkle with sweet paprika and throw in the green olives. Serve warm.