Ingredients Needed for Chicken Breast With Turmeric Rice and Yogurt Sauce
1 chicken breast, cut into 3 fillets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
½ teaspoon dried oregano
3 garlic cloves, slices
0.5 tea spoon cumin
½ teaspoon turmeric
¼ cup basmati rice
1 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons of yogurt
½ teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
How to Cook Chicken Breast With Turmeric Rice and Yogurt Sauce
- Put the chicken breast in a medium bowl and add olive oil, coriander seeds, dried oregano, garlic slices, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything and marinate the chicken for 2 hours.
- When the time’s up, heat vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the chicken breast for 8-10 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken breast from the skillet and add the cumin and turmeric in the remaining fat. Stir and cook the spices for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the basmati rice and the chicken stock. Stir to coat, cover the skillet, and cook the rice for 20 minutes.
- When the rice absorbs enough stock and it’s almost cooked through, add the heavy cream.
- Mix and cook further for 2-3 minutes, until the basmati rice absorbs the liquid and becomes sticky.
- Add the butter, then mix until it melts and combines with the rice. Set aside.
- Mix the yogurt with sugar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, to make a sauce.
- Serve the chicken breast with basmati rice and yogurt sauce.