Chicken, Bacon and Veggie Stew
Bound to become a family favorite, this stew is full of delicious ingredients and wonderful flavors. It’s got lots of veggies to give it that nice taste of comfort food, but also savory additions like chicken and fried bacon. Perfect for feeding a hungry family.
Ingredients Needed for Chicken, Bacon and Veggie Stew
2 bacon slices
10 ounces of chicken breast, sliced
½ cup flour
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
¼ cup tomato sauce
½ cup white wine
½ cup canned peas
2 broccoli stalks
¼ cup water
How to Make Chicken, Bacon and Veggie Stew
- Cut the bacon slices into small pieces.
- Slice the carrot and the onion. Dice the potato and cut the lime in halves.
- Coat the sliced chicken with flour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook it until golden and crispy. About 2 minutes before it’s ready, add the bacon and leave it in the skillet with the chicken.
- Take them out of the skillet and add the onion, carrot, and potato. Squeeze the juice out of the lime, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomato sauce and white wine.
- Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Add peas, broccoli, chicken, and bacon. Cover again and simmer it for 20 more minutes.
- Garnish with chives!