Ingredients Needed for Chicken, Bacon and Veggie Pie
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
7 ounces of chicken breast, diced
1 bacon slice, chopped
1 zucchini, sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons of sweet corn
½ green chili, thinly sliced
½ cup tomato sauce
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
2 ounces of puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, whisked
How to Cook Chicken, Bacon and Veggie Pie
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the diced chicken and cook it until golden, for around 12 minutes.
- Add bacon and zucchini, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, sweet corn, green chili, salt, and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce, reduce the heat and bring it to a boil.
- Add the spring onion. Simmer it for 2 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Place the mixture in round ceramic baking dish, approximately 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) in diameter.
- Cut the puff pastry according to the diameter of the baking dish. Top it with the pastry and secure it on the sides to fully cover it.
- Spread the whisked egg on top using a silicone brush.
- Bake the dish for the next 35 minutes.