Chicken, Bacon and Veggie Pie
When you see this dish, probably the first thing that catches your eyes is the crunchy pastry on top. But if you look “under the hood”, you’ll find a delicious mixture made with chicken, bacon, a few veggies, and a spicy chili. Plenty of delicious ingredients, lots of terrific flavors!
Ingredients Needed for Chicken, Bacon and Veggie Pie
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
7 ounces of chicken breast, diced
1 bacon slice, chopped
1 zucchini, sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons of sweet corn
½ green chili, thinly sliced
½ cup tomato sauce
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
2 ounces of puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, whisked
How to Make Chicken, Bacon and Veggie Pie
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the diced chicken and cook it until golden, for around 12 minutes.
- Add bacon and zucchini, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, sweet corn, green chili, salt, and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce, reduce the heat and bring it to a boil.
- Add the spring onion. Simmer it for 2 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Place the mixture in round ceramic baking dish, approximately 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) in diameter.
- Cut the puff pastry according to the diameter of the baking dish. Top it with the pastry and secure it on the sides to fully cover it.
- Spread the whisked egg on top using a silicone brush.
- Bake the dish for the next 35 minutes.