Ingredients Needed for Chicken, Bacon and Potato Stew
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
10 ounces of chicken breast, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 ounces of bacon, diced
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
2 medium carrots, sliced
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 celery stick, chopped
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 cup canned tomatoes
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
3 medium potatoes
4 cups of beef stock
1 tablespoon parmesan, grated
1 tablespoon fresh dill
How to Cook Chicken, Bacon and Potato Stew
- Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add the chicken breast. Cook and stir until it starts changing color.
- Season with salt and pepper. Turn the low to medium and fry for 5 minutes more. Set aside.
- Start melting the butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the remaining teaspoon of vegetable oil and the fennel seeds. Cook and continuously stir until the butter melts.
- Add the onion. Cook and stir until tender. Add the garlic and bacon. Stir them in.
- Add the tomato paste and stir it in. Add the carrot, bell pepper, and celery. Stir them in. Add the dried oregano and stir it in.
- Add the canned tomatoes, and 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Crush the tomatoes using the spatula.
- Add the potatoes and beef stock. Bring to a boil, then cover with the lid. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the cooked chicken breast, parmesan, the remaining tablespoon of parsley, and the dill. Stir them in, cover again, with the lid, and simmer for 5 more minutes.