Ingredients Needed for Chicken, Apple and Cherry Tomato Skewers
7 ounces of chicken breast
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon thyme powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
8 cherry tomatoes
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon brown sugar
4 tablespoons of milk
How to Cook Chicken, Apple and Cherry Tomato Skewers
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Dice the chicken breast, around 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick.
- Add them in a large bowl, and season them with olive oil, thyme, oregano, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix so the meat can be flavored with spices.
- Peel the apple and cut it in small dices. Squeeze the juice from half of lemon on top of them.
- Keep the wooden skewers in water, so you can prevent them from burning.
- Use about 4 skewers and slide chicken, apple, and cherry tomatoes through them, according to your preferences. If you have any apple left, keep it for later.
- Slide them into the oven and roast them for the next 30 minutes.
- Shred the carrot in long, thin shreds.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and add the shredded carrot and 1 teaspoon of butter. Add any leftover apple.
- Squeeze the juice out of half of an orange, add 1 teaspoon of brown sugar, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the skewers with the carrot and apple side.