Ingredients Needed for Chicken and Veggie Pie 2 tablespoons of flour
½ cup chicken stock
6 ounces of chicken breast, cut into medium pieces
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 red onion, julienne sliced
3 garlic cloves
4 radishes es, halves
1 parsley, chopped
5 ounces of puff pastry
1 tablespoon milk
1 red onion, sliced
How to Cook Chicken and Veggie Pie
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Add the flour to a small bowl, pour 1/4 cup (65 ml) chicken stock and whisk.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the chicken breast until it turns white.
- Add salt and pepper and cook further until the chicken becomes golden. When the chicken is cooked through, set it aside.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in another skillet and add the red onion. Stir.
- Add the carrots, crush the garlic and add it to the skillet, then add the radish halves.
- Braise the vegetables and, after 1-2 minutes, add the remaining chicken stock and the flour mixture.
- Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and chopped parsley. Stir again, then set aside.
- Flour your countertop and place the puff pastry on it. Roll out the puff pastry using a rolling pin.
- Transfer the chicken stew to a pie pan, then cover it with the puff pastry sheet.
- Press the puff pastry with your finger against the pie pan edges. Prick the puff pastry with a fork. The small holes allow the hot air to come out from the inside.
- Whisk the egg with some milk and make some egg wash.
- Spread the egg wash over the puff pastry using a silicone brush.
- Bake for 25 minutes.